Sunday, May 12, 2019

My Tribute to Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all!

The title of Mother is so many things all at once.  You are protector, nurse, source of frustration, source of love, never right, all knowing, funny, embarrassing, and in the wrong place at the right time.

The mother's in my life have shown me so many strengths and devotion to this job.  My mother is strong and takes care of all those around her providing shelter, food and love to any in need.  My sister is a mother that never gives up, no matter what it is you want to do or are going through.  I take cues from both of them.



I have no idea how my kids would characterize me as a mother.  Maybe they will comment on this blog and let you know.  I do know that I love them, even when I don't want to.  I do know it is a relationship that is honest and tough and funny.  


My role of mother is changing very soon.  No longer will I be the provider, protector and nurse.  Now I will be in another house, in another town and out of sight.  I can't predict the needs of my children, nor am I going to be the first to fill that need.  Any tips, or wine recommendations, are welcomed!

I feel so much pride, joy and fear that my children are moving on.  I feel so much anxiety and excitement for the next big focus of my life.  This is the adventure.......